(My main tip is to drink lots of water and eat healthy though. Just like horses, we should look good inside and out!)
All horse people know it's almost impossible to keep your nails nice from working around the barn all the time. They usually end up all cracked, split, and dirty. Here's a cool tip to keep em' nice.
No more hacking off nails because there is a break forming! All you need is some Krazy glue, a tea bag, a nail file, and some nail polish. First, cut a tiny piece of the tea bag to fit over the crack. Then, put a dot of glue on the break and put the paper on top of it. When it dries, file it down till it's smooth and put one base coat and two coats of nail polish on it. Voila! Your nails have been fixed!
Another problem i have is chapped lips. I blame this cold, windy weather and my nonstop lip licking :P Here's a recipe for peeling lips
I HATE having cracked heels from walking around the barn. Here's a tip to make them nice and soft :)
Grind a handful of rice until u get a fine but coarse flour. Add a few spoons of raw honey to the mixture along with enough apple cider vinegar to obtain a thick paste. If the cracks are very deep, add a spoon of olive oil. Soak feet for 20 minutes & gently massage with this paste. Feels just like a pedicure, great for hands too!
Do you get breakouts from being sweaty because of working all day? Or just have acne prone skin like most teens do?
To create a simple acne facial mask, you'll need the following:
- 1 table spoon of honey (for it's antibacterial and antioxidant properties)
- 1 table spoon of baking soda (for its exfoliating properties)
- 2 table spoon of water (purified or distilled)
- 4 to 6 drops of Tea Tree Oil (to lessen inflammation and dry up acne)
- Mix all ingredients in a sanitized bowl.
- Cleans skin with your favorite acne facial wash and toner.
- Apply the mixture with a clean spatula all over your face, avoiding eye are and corners of the lips.
- Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes or until it looks dry.
- Wash mask with tepid or lukewarm water. Use a towellete to easily remove the mask but be very gentle.
Here's an AH-MAZING way to get rid of those dark circles under your eyes:
You'll pretty much only need one item..... tea bags! Soak two bags in cold water then put them on your eyes for 10 minutes then be prepared to see results ;)